The Steel Index’s second Scrap Event of 2011 where you will be joined by like-minded steel professionals in New York City on November
17 for lunch, an afternoon of presentations and a networking drinks reception at The Down Town Association in Lower Manhattan. Whether you are a trader, broker, from a mill or simply need to keep one eye on the scrap market, there will be something at this event for you.
Download the conference brochure here
Expert speakers from the physical and financial markets who will be sharing their industry experiences and expectations:
- Joseph Pickard, Chief Economist and Director of Commodities, ISRI
- David Hodory, VP Marketing & Communications, David J Joseph
- Daniel Uslander, Principal, Eagle Way Capital
- Jim Werner, Manager, LVI Services
- Abe Ulusal, Steel Risk Management Specialist, Mitsui Bussan Commodities
- Brad Clark, Senior Derivatives Broker, Freight Investor Services
- Tim Hard, Director of Steel & Scrap, The Steel Index
- Global scrap market in 2011 and beyond: key drivers and pricing trends
- US scrap market—new dynamics
- The international scrap market—review of Turkey
- Strategies to manage scrap price volatility—role of swaps, hedging and clearing
- Derivatives: lessons from other sectors
- Why would I use derivatives?
If there is sufficient interest for a scrap yard visit, this will be arranged for the morning of the event.
Price: $545 for TSI/SBB subscribers, $595 for non-subscribers
To reserve your place:
Fill out the registration form and either fax to 412 431 4371 or scan to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will process your registration. Please specify on the form whether a morning scrap yard visit would be of interest.
Numbers are limited so register now to avoid disappointment! For up-to-date information on the event visit the website www.thesteelindex.com/scrapeventny/. If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com and I will be happy to help.